|Class Teachers||Miss Inman (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
Miss Hickman Smith (Thursday)
|Teaching Assistant||Mrs Bartley|
|Individual Needs Assistants
The schools of the Woodlands Federation aim to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and engaging curriculum for all of our pupils.
We will do this by:
- Knowing our children well and being responsive to their interests and aspirations.
- Planning activities that are rich in first-hand experiences – practical work, trips out and visitors in. Using an interesting start to a topic and having a goal for an end product.
- Promoting ‘excellence’.
- Providing a curriculum that balances knowledge, skills and understanding in a creative way.
- Having a flexible approach to planning – continued focus for some subjects/blocking for other subjects. Use of thematic approach for some subjects and discrete for other subjects.
- Using the principles of Assessment for Learning to give feedback to children about their learning – including ‘Learning Powers’.
- Having a framework that enables progress across the curriculum and helps children to see themselves as writers, mathematicians, historians, geographers, artists and technologists etc.
- Integrating our School Curriculum with the National Curriculum.
For any further information about the curriculum please speak to either your child(s) class teacher or Mr Cox.